Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abandoned Apartment (Titan's Hideout)

3 posters

Go down

Abandoned Apartment (Titan's Hideout) Empty Abandoned Apartment (Titan's Hideout)

Post by Titan Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:33 pm

A wide, medium height block of concrete in the dirty part of town. only a few windows remain unbroken. a few scattered balconies remain intact, but the rest are now heaps of rubble on the ground. a chunk is missing from one corner, as if someone bit it off. the entire outside is covered in grunge and filth, almost definitely toxic. one single door leads in the front, and a double door leads out back next to a slightly raised loading dock.

inside, the lobby has been ransacked. papers are scattered everywhere, and the furniture has been cannibalized. nothing of value remains in the lobby. an elevator that hasn't worked for years remains partially open, with the ceiling missing. there is a door next to this with a staircase symbol scratched onto it. it is locked, but fragile. a door leading to the back room has been blown open, and smashed glass from what used to be a ceiling light covers its floor. a safe lies broken in half and empty, and is the only other thing in this small room. everything else on the first floor is in equal disrepair.

on every other floor are the rooms. a simple hallway, lined with junk, broken glass, and rubble forms a two way intersection on each floor, stretching across the building in both directions. most of the rooms are in the same state as the halls, but some might still have a few things inside.

on the fifth floor out of seven, there is a door more fortified than the rest. it has a simple key combination instead of a doorknob. it seems thicker and heavier than the others (reinforced with metal, heavy hinges bolted to a metal beam that makes up part of the building structure.), and there is no space between the floor and the door.

inside is Titan's hideout. it is in much better repair than the rest of the building. it has one of the few remaining balconies, and only one window is broken. various scientific instruments fill the room, and a bulky laptop rests on a table near the kitchen. the kitchen has only a microwave and a fridge, but the cupboard has a good supply of various instant foods and ramens. the fridge has a bit of meat and some veggies. the bedroom and bathroom are plain as possible, with only the bare necessities in each. the closet is nearly empty. back in the main room, a pile of scrap metal fills one corner. a workbench with tools and a large generator lies next to that. a pair of binoculars rests on the window sill, and a fire escape leads up to the roof, but the lower part has been mangled and torn off.

Titan

Superhuman Points : 143

Character Profile
Alignment: Hero
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 11

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Apartment (Titan's Hideout) Empty Re: Abandoned Apartment (Titan's Hideout)

Post by Titan Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Titan stormed up the steps leading to his floor. he had lost the radiation trail, and needed to pick it up again. he burst through his door, fumbling with the key-code and failing to enter it properly twice. he slammed the door behind him, and began ransacking the place. he finally found what he was looking for, his binoculars (which were hiding in plain sight on the window sill). he ran up the fire escape and stood on the roof. the binoculars would amplify the signal. the radiation matched that of his armor, so it resonated when the signal was stronger. he pointed the binoculars in a direction, checked how strong his armor was vibrating, and pointed the binoculars elsewhere. point, check, point, check, point... there. he knew the direction he had to go to find the small chunk of his armor. he didn't know what he would find, it could be a thug, it could have fallen in the sewers, or it could be with the stolen fake money. either way, he prepared to leave.

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Apartment (Titan's Hideout) Empty Re: Abandoned Apartment (Titan's Hideout)

Post by Digibyte. EXE Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Digibyte.EXE soon found herself uploaded in Titan's laptop. (Though she didn't know who it belonged to.) She peered out from the screen at the strange, almost lab-like place. "Woah...Where am I?"
Digibyte. EXE
Digibyte. EXE

Superhuman Points : 46

Character Profile
Superpower Slots: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Titan was about to scale the fire escape down to the ground, when a voice came from his laptop. strange... he walked over to find a small digital image of a girl on his screen. the image seemed to be able to communicate. titan did a double take. some kind of new virus? he wondered. he decided he might as well respond to it.

"Um... you're in my home. in..." he hesitated "...in my laptop. I'm Titan, you are?"

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Digibyte. EXE Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Oops. Someone was here. "Hi, I'm Digibyte. EXE! Sorry for butting in like this, I was just testing something..." She shot a nervous look at the lab equipment. It brought to mind movies and games about mad scientists...
Digibyte. EXE
Digibyte. EXE

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Titan was still in shock.

"so, you're a person? not a virus or something?" this was even more complicated than he thought. he noticed her looking at his lab equipment.
"sorry about the mess, I'm an inventor. I was just on my way out, but I guess it can wait. what were you testing?"

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Digibyte. EXE Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:43 pm

"Course I'm a person! I was just testing how fast I could get into another computer..." Digibyte replied. She kept glancing around the room, still nervous, but quickly being being replaced by curiosity. "Where were you going, anyway?"
Digibyte. EXE
Digibyte. EXE

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:49 pm

"Long story." Titan explained, still doubting Digibyte.EXE's humanity. he deployed his gauntlets, showing the chunk missing from one corner. it was already starting to self repair. "A chunk of this fell off, I don't know where it went, or how it got there. I need to find it."

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:50 pm

OOC: I feel soo bad having a chunk of you with me Razz
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Superhuman Points : 246

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue
Superpower Slots: 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:53 pm

OOC: Not a chunk of me, just a lump of metal that makes part of my armor. :3 and it was my idea for it to be a part of my armor instead of a tracker or something anyways. don't sweat it.

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Digibyte. EXE Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:31 pm

"Oh! Well...want me to help you?" Digibyte asked, her nervousness all but gone. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. She could just shoot and email to her mother about where she went anyway...n
Digibyte. EXE
Digibyte. EXE

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:51 pm

"sure! why not. lets see where this leads us." Titan ran over to the fire escape, picking up the binoculars on the way. he put a small piece of scrap metal for repairing his armor in one eye of the binoculars, creating a portable tracker.

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Digibyte. EXE Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 pm

"Ok!" Digibyte replied. Acessing the internet again, she speed-typed an email to her mom, then sent it. Then she slithered out of the screen as computer data, and reformed. Then she followed Titan to the fire escape.
Digibyte. EXE
Digibyte. EXE

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Last edited by Titan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:47 pm

OOC: do remember i took the sack out with me in my car
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Superhuman Points : 246

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue
Superpower Slots: 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 pm

OOC: I know, I changed it to a different, new thread.

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down