Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynamo's Bunker (Outside the City)

2 posters

Go down

Dynamo's Bunker (Outside the City) Empty Dynamo's Bunker (Outside the City)

Post by Dynamo Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:55 pm

(OOC) Dynamo's bunker is hidden along the outskirts of Silent Falls. Presently, the heroes are unaware of it. The Bunker functions as a safe haven for villains/oppressors near a city run by "good guys."

(IC) Those were peaceful days in Silent Falls, a just city guarded by just men. It was the stronghold of heroes, where justice and harmony flourished. It was altogether good, a virtual utopia no villain dared to assault. To do so would be unthinkable--what madman would enter the lions' den, what fool would anger the dragon in his lair? Silent Falls was safe from crime, safe from enslavement, safe from the corrosive influences of the outside world. For now, at least.

In a hidden makeshift bunker just outside the city, a young Dr. Hal performed routine maintenance on Dynamo. He closed the last panel on the cyborg's arm and ran a diagnostic on his powered exoskeleton. Everything was good to go.

"The actuator's fixed, and that new cell should last you a month."
"What about armor upgrades?" asked Dynamo. "I thought you were going to install them."
"It's hard to get the parts I need this close to Silent Falls. The heroes are breathing down my neck, you'll just have to wait."
"How much longer?"
"Another two weeks at most. After that, I'm needed back at Grimm City.
"What for?"
"Can't say."

Dynamo stood up and paced about the room, reorienting himself after the maintenance. He was down to four energy cells--four months left to live.

"Those heroes have what I need," said Dynamo. "The last supply of Type Z energy cells, kept within their dome. The clock is ticking. I need those cells!"
"You're right," said the doctor, "but first you need a plan."
"There are no plans until I get my armor upgrades."
"That's not true, Dynamo. What, you think you're going to charge the front gate like an invincible super-man? You wouldn't last ten seconds, even with those upgrades. But you have something better, an advantage the rest of us wish we had: you're unknown. You have clean slate. They don't know who you are. More importantly, they don't know who you used to be."
"What are you saying, Doc?"
"Since you have no prior history as Dynamo, that could make all the difference. In four months' time, you could gain their trust, get inside their base... and steal their cells."
"That won't work."
"It's either that or charge the gate. Your choice."

Dynamo clenched his robotic fist and looked away from Dr. Hal. "This is just one obstacle. Once I'm past it, the real work begins: to judge those who wronged me, and those defending them. Punishment will be swift."

Last edited by Dynamo on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:13 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Improve dialogue, fix grammar and extend post.)
Dynamo
Dynamo

Superhuman Points : 72

Character Profile
Alignment: Villain
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 6

Back to top Go down

Dynamo's Bunker (Outside the City) Empty Re: Dynamo's Bunker (Outside the City)

Post by Asch Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Everything had been a success! Asch felt monumental and indestructible! She'd smiled to herself all the way to the outskirts of Silent Falls; her bike roaring and spitting smoke, her ego puffed up.

Asch pulled up in front of the well hidden bunker, swinging off her motorcycle and flipping her hair back. Still wearing her sickly sweet smile, she approached the bunker, finding the door, and inviting herself in. Immediately Asch's first impression told her this wasn't her short of a hide-out, the smile faded, but the attitude stuck fast. She was high-flying and deliriously happy, nothing would ruin that.
"Dynamo, I've made it! And the tower is a mess! I think our plan has gone by perfectly, wouldn't you say so?" She said, announcing her arrival as she proceeded onwards into the hide-out.
Asch
Asch

Superhuman Points : 82

Character Profile
Superpower Slots: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamo Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 am

"You did well. Very well," said Dynamo. "And it's good to finally meet you in person, Asch. I stole the energy cells from their HQ. That means another five years for me to live. But don't think I'm the only one you've helped. Our benefactors in Grimm will see what you've done and take it as a sign of the Defenders' collective weakness. You've gained friends in high places." As per habit when speaking, he paced around the room, this time with Dr. Hal's new armor upgrades.

"Like what I've done with the place? It's a crude lair, to be sure, but it stays hidden from prying eyes."
Dynamo
Dynamo

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 am

"Heh... I'd like to be in the highest of those places someday," Asch thought aloud, nodding at the idea.
"Well, I doubt we could pull of that sort of stunt again, they know who we are and there will sadly be no more infiltrating their headquarters. Good fun while it lasted though!" Asch looked around, deciding if she like the pace or not, "It is crude... not exactly my style, but really, can't ask for the world.. yet. Good enough for now I suppose though."
She found a chair and seated herself, grabbing an old rag laying on a table and dabbing her cheek, which was gashed during the tower episode,
"So! Now what? What wonderful plans do we have install for the future? More bank robberies? Finish off that ugly tower and bring it to the ground? Terrorize the people of Silent Falls? I'd like to get rid of that Ninja fellow myself, bloody annoying he is. Self righteous do-goodies, ha!~ what a boring life that would be, serving others when you can be serving yourself!"
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamo Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 am

"No. I say we book it to Grimm then lay low. The most important thing is to get out of Silent Falls. The longer we stay here, the more likely the Defenders find us, and I imagine they want retribution. Besides, I have intel competing factions in Grimm will want: a partial layout of the D.O.T.E. HQ. We can sell it to the highest bidder and split the profit."
Dynamo
Dynamo

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:20 am

Asch chocked, on nothing really, but more from surprise, "Dear Dynamo! Didn't your mommy ever tell you not to sell gold for dirt? Sell a partial layout of the DOTE headquarters for some money?! Granted I like cash, heck, cash keeps me afloat nicely, but isn't there something better we can do with such valuable information? I agree we probably should get out of Silent Falls, but don't we want to use this to our advantage? Don't we want to be the players on the field, calling the shots? This information is power Dynamo, and power only leads one way, up!" Asch pointed towards the roof, "Only there won't be a ceiling above our heads when the time comes to act! We'll have the whole heavens to climb."

She stood up, walking past Dynamo shaking her head, "Besides, how much money are we talking here? A bit of cash from some little blobby factions, clawing hand a tooth to be bigger and better? I suppose the Domination would have some big bucks coming our way, but what?- we give the info, and we're out, and we're nothing more after that, just another information merchant bartering away their valuables.
So yes we still have the information, but now we're competing with our purchasers! Seems rather redundant to me..." She laughed, "Shouldn't we be backing ourselves with this information and making ourselves important to the Domination? Shouldn't we sit on this a while yet, and then be the ones who rule and the ones who will deliver the results? People of like-mindedness should trust us, and follow us because of what we know. And you want to sell this?"

Asch sighed, "I must seem crazy, ambitious! But I am. I didn't suffer this long to get left behind and trodden upon in the dirt again. But... I suppose if I get enough money, say like... a good five-hundred grand or more, then perhaps I could bear to risk the consequences of selling this gold... for dirt really. And I suppose it is only a partial layout of the DOTE headquarters... but it's more than a lot, and I mean a lot of people have."
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamo Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:09 pm

"Ambitious indeed. You move up in the world, then--have your power and influence! That's not what I want. I have other goals."
Dynamo
Dynamo

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:40 am

Asch frowned deeply, "Too bad we're not seeing eye-to-eye on the matter. But I suppose different people are driven by different goals. Well!- you have the information, you have the layout, you do with it what you want!" She started to pout, but knowing how that would look, she forced a sweet smile, "So we sell it to the highest bidder, then what?"
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamo Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 am

"And then we go our separate ways. For now. I'm sure our goals will intersect again in the future, and when they do, I'll be there to assist. I apologize for my seeming lack of 'ambition.' My business is mine and mine alone... but thanks again." He turned to leave. "You can stay here as long as you want, though I wouldn't advise it. Not 'til it's safe. If you ever have to come back to Silent Falls, you can bring your friends. The bunker's not just for me. It's for anyone who has a bone to pick with the Defenders. Just keep the rogues out, like that Lord Machina you were working with. They're unpredictable."
Dynamo
Dynamo

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:30 pm

"Ha! I wouldn't have anything to do with any of those rogues for the life of me! And that Lord Machina... he's mad."

"Well I'll be around if you need anything else exciting done! I have big plans for the future, and you're more than welcome to join me on my quest to rule the world, or you can just stay the way you are. Have fun." Asch waved good-bye, planning to head out soon herself.
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down