Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Caves.

+5
The Ninja
Digibyte. EXE
Manifest
Death's Kiss
Titan
9 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Caves. - Page 6 Empty Re: The Caves.

Post by Lumen Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm

OOC: Fine
Lumen
Lumen

Superhuman Points : 235

Character Profile
Alignment:
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 am

Cub would have been grateful for the help. had it not blinded her. she covered her eyes and cringed. "gah!" she stepped back from him and gritted her teeth. that had not felt good in the least. she was very much getting to the point where she didn't care anymore. these people were all insane! if she had known this would be what happened when she talked to a few abnormals she might have ran like fire was on her tail.
Cub
Cub

Superhuman Points : 385

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue
Superpower Slots: 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 am

OOC: ahhh being a rouge is sooo much fun Razz
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Superhuman Points : 246

Character Profile
Superpower Slots: 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 am

OOC: Woooow, I'm gone for like, two days and you guys throw it all to Mordor! Well, I'm glad you've settled your differences? Anywho, sorry about the early post. I keep thinking I go after Cub ~shakes head~ Dunno what's wrong with me.
Syren
Syren

Superhuman Points : 530

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumen Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:19 am

OOC: um cub I didn't aim for you, so you weren't blinded.
Lumen
Lumen

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:23 am

OOC: Cub's senses are sensitive. he may have aimed at the ceiling but the natural way Light works means that it moves in multiple directions after it hits a surface. even if she wasn't hit directly by it the light would have still hit her eyes if she was looking in that direction causing fast dilation and for her temporary blindness and pain. Science geek. sorry. ^^U
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumen Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:30 am

OOC: I understand the nature of light, but the way his blast works causes the concentration of photons onto a surface, causing minimal reflection after the first hit. so to you it would be like a low wattage bulb in your eyes, due to a low amp.
Lumen
Lumen

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 am

OOC: Understood but if one is looking right at it after being in a dark cave for so long that would still cause the same effect wouldn't it? Cub was shooting in that direction meaning that her eyes were on the spot where he just concentrated his light beam. go from extreme dark then add any light and you will likely have the same effect from anyone. (I am having too much fun talking science right now. XD)
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumen Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 am

OOC: as am I, understood, I was just saying you didn't have to be blinded if you didn't choose to. Also, your eyes are similar to a cat's which have a better reaction time due to their ability to see well in the dark and the muscle required to do so. still your choice.
Lumen
Lumen

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:50 am

OOC: agreed. I actually used to mess with my grandma's cat when I was little. I would flash a low level flash light over its eyes and watch the eyes react. it got mad at me more then a few times. XD
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumen Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:23 am

OOC: Same here, you just have to do scientific experiments on pets

IC: Lumen started when he heard the shriek, as his blast illuminated a good portion of the cave.

What the heck am I dealing with? he muttered to himself

Looking to the small lady, he noticed the invisible run to another person he didn't see before. Grabbing his knife out of its sheath, Lumen watched as the invisible seemed to take the, (was that a pair of wings?) winged person hostage.

As he walked toward the middle of the cave, Lumen charged his knife, pointing it towards the invisible, ready to fire if anything happened.
Lumen
Lumen

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 pm

OOC: M'kay, so a couple things here. First of all, Lumen, it would be a little helpful if you found another name for Xan. lol, I was just about to correct you and tell you that Xan isn't invisible right now, and it took several minutes for me to figure out that was your nickname for him. ^_^

Second, we have a full page worth of non r.p. posts from that argument earlier, and nearly half a page from the science discussion (which, mind you, I did find a bit amusing. ^_^). My guess is the mods won't be too happy if they notice that, and besides which it causes a lot of clutter, making the IC posts more difficult to follow. My advice would be that if an OOC discussion takes more than three posts (outside of OOC combined with IC posts) it should be moved to the discussion category. Maybe make a thread marked "Discussion The Caves"

Finally, Xan, you have no idea how much trouble you are in right now. Dhaevos is not happy. ^_^
Syren
Syren

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:13 pm

OOC: neither is Death, but you know, always willing to help.
tossup, use teleportation powers to save dan, or do some other way... ugh decisions decisions....
also YAYAYAYAYA no more light beam for the next 15 min!!!! (or magic bolt)

IC:
death noticed lumen walking towards the middle.
teleporting behind him, he touched lumen's hand and portaled out of the cave (with lumen) under a bunch of trees. quickly porting back (without lumen), he slammed up 5 walls covering the cave's entrance. now it was pitch black.
"I don't think pretending to stab my friend was the best way to do things. he cackled. now lets see what have i done to you? thrown knives, slammed down walls, and set up spikes. not too much. you on the other hand have blasted a magic bolt that could have incinerated every one, and threatened my friend. not great odds. now im giving you ten seconds to let him go before the spike above your head drops."
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumen Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 pm

OOC: lol genius you forgot, we never specified how long a minute in rp time was, and I stopped early so... You are kinda gonna regret that
Lumen
Lumen

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 am

OOC: M'kay, so you guys know I've been pretty cool about everything. Being the kind of person who likes the challenge of working within my means, I don't usually point out discrepancies regarding actions that affect my character, but I've been requested to do something with Dhaevos that is a little bit out of character, and so I feel I should point out a couple of things.
Dhaevos is really on edge right now. I didn't even realize he would be claustrophobic until I allowed him to get stuck in a cave. That being said, he would have noticed right away after Xan used the anti-magic bolt, and being as he trusts Xan the least, he would have zeroed in on him and therefore could not have been surprised by him. Actually, he probably would have tried to knock him out. Even if Xan managed to take Dhaevos by surprise, Dhaevos is really screwy right now between claustrophobia, memory loss, and general confusion, and would probably try to fight back, despite the danger to his own person. Think frightened, trapped, animal.
Anywho, thought you all should be aware since it's taking a lot of stretching for me to keep Dhaevos from going bananas right now. ^_^

IC: Dhaevos jolted, hearing Cub's yelp, then watched as Achilles trapped Alex in a cage. This wasn't a spar, or even a test! This was a death match! He looked at his friend. Memories flashed of the time they had spent together at the boarding school. Sure he'd had some issues, just like everyone else there, but he'd never been like this, never! What had happened to him?

So preoccupied with these thoughts, Dhaevos failed to notice as Xander came up behind him, putting a knife to his throat. Even as the self professed madman (OOC: yes, exaggeration) commanded him to stay still, and led him to the middle of the room, he began to shake. Xander might have mistaken it for fear, but were he able to see his face, he might have noticed the fire, and almost unrestrainable fury behind Dhaevos' eyes. Though he noticed when the room went black, he hardly heard his friend's words, defending him, as he shook even more. Trapped, trapped! Like so many years before. More memories flooded his mind, memories of heartache, pain, abuse. Even before the boarding school, even before he had any sort of physical cage, he was trapped. Trapped by his form, trapped even more when his ability to speak was taken from him.

He gritted his teeth, holding back with all his might, restraining himself from... from what? He didn't know and didn't care, all he knew was that he, Dhaevos, was about to break.

OOC: Also, this is why I say how many posts it will take to recharge. I gauged an hour for Dhaevos' throat to heal up, and decided that three posts would be sufficient depending on how much time passed between posts. Just a thought. ^_^

Last edited by Syren on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something ^_^)
Syren
Syren

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander the Conquerer Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:00 pm

OOC: BWAHAHAHAHA! That just made my day.

IC: Xander watched as the entire cave descended into darkness. Oh great the Death guy was trying to kill everyone.

"Well" Xander whispered to Dan "I guess your friend doesn't really care if I kill you or not." as he said this he let go. Cloaking himself, he headed toward the front of the cave, carefully stepping so that he made no sound.

Standing away from the center of the cave, Xander arrived at the wall of darkness blocking the entrance. let Death find him now.
Xander the Conquerer
Xander the Conquerer

Superhuman Points : 165

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Superpower Slots: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:09 pm

OOC: fortunately for you i can see in the dark so i know you let go. Very Happy
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander the Conquerer Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:09 pm

OOC: and how does that help you find me?
Xander the Conquerer
Xander the Conquerer

Superhuman Points : 165

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Superpower Slots: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:10 pm

OOC: not find you, know that you did as i wanted Very Happy
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Cub had more then enough by now. not only did her eyes hurt but now she couldn't see even if she wanted to. even with Cat eyes if there is no light at all you are still out of luck. however her senses did pick up on the things around her. movements. sounds. her ears twitched creating something of a map of the room though it wasn't a very good one. she stepped back a few steps till she came in contact with a body. at first she didn't know who it was and was more then ready to turn around a claw the poor fellow. however lucky for the angel she quickly picked up on who it was before that could happen. though by what she could sense it might have been more lucky for her. "angel boy? you ok?" she asked in an almost motherly way as she reached out and touched his arm.
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumen Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:34 pm

OOC: Your annoying, mister i can do anything. Time for the pain.

IC:
Lumen was mad. this was unacceptable.

Realizing that he still had a light charge, he tore through the walls of darkness. Shining into the cave, he realize that he had a better vantage point to hurt the Idiot that sent him out here.

Pointing his light directly in the center he moved in a fury hitting everything in the cave as it went out. He then stood at the entrance of the cave, holding out his knife, ready to release his pent-up energy.

"So is this how most of the specials treat strangers helping those in need?"
Lumen
Lumen

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:44 pm

OOC: nice recovery. time to make my exit.

IC: seeing the walls start to crack, death, portaled to dan; shouting out, "nice job, see you all later, good luck getting back." just as the walls broke, he grabbed dan portalled outside and continued porting till they were safely away from the cave.

OOC: cub if you want to catch a ride, you can.
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:27 pm

(sure. why not. she was touching him after all so it makes sense I guess.)
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:18 pm

OOC: lol ok
now that we have a good few hour lead on the two people trying to kill me... Razz
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

The Caves. - Page 6 Empty UPDATE

Post by Syren Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am

OOC: Continuing at Greenwitch Park

OOC: Seriously? Dangit Death! I am like, the only person who hasn't gotten to use any of their abilities (not counting wings of course) Ugh! Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. ^_^ Anywho, I think Achilles might be a titch surprised by Dan's reaction. O.o

IC: Dhaevos, still shaking, barely heard the words of his captor. He was well aware when he moved, however, and whirled to attack him. Unfortunately, the darkness didn't give him much to work with as far as depth perception, and he missed his mark. A moment later he felt a body crash into his. It was a good thing Cub spoke, because otherwise Dhaevos would have let go what he'd been holding back up till now. He still felt uneasy; physical touch really wasn't his thing, but the action reminded him of the potential harm he might cause to the girl, and he pushed his anger down a bit.

It was then that "glowstick" returned, bringing a measure of light back with him into the cave. Hearing the guy's harsh words, Dhaevos was about to respond when he found himself suddenly, and forcibly removed from the situation entirely.

Once they finally stopped, Dhaevos quickly pushed himself away from Achilles, ignoring the lurching of his stomach.

When you and a friend are around other people, you tend to be inclined to back them up, whatever they might be doing. It's when you're alone with a friend that you tend to be inclined to tell them they're being an idiot. As Dhaevos was aware that Cub couldn't read sign, this moment was as good as any.

*What was that?!* he signed rapidly, clearly still angry. *I mean, seriously! You turn into some kind of psycho maniac on me, pull a bunch of crap, and just leave? Oh yeah, great way to make "allies," Achilles!*

OOC: Oh, forgot to tell your excellency. I told my lil' sis (the one getting married) that I'd called you DK. She laughed and I said "Yeah, like Donkey Kong right?" She says "No, like DK, as in, death, decay! ^_^
Also, props to Lumen for finding an unconventional way to get back into the cave ^_^

Last edited by Syren on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Syren
Syren

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum