Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical Bay

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Medical Bay Empty Medical Bay

Post by The Ninja Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:28 pm

The medical bay is high-tech and sterile in the most cliche of senses. Bio-pods line the walls, cabinets of super drugs sit between them, and a very fancy-looking medical repair and regeneration table sits in the center of the room under strong lights.

Kyle and Dynamo were lifted by helicopter to the Defenders HQ and gurneyed to the medical bay, where the surgeons and technicians worked hard to stabilize each of them. Kyle's jaw was reconstructed with the aid of osteonanites and Dynamo's worn parts were repaired and recharged.

After a several-hour nap, Kyle awoke and rubbed his temporarily itchy jaw. He looked around, and remembered the fight with the bank robber and the immensely powerful robot. This guy next to him had shown up out of nowhere and helped. Kyle frowned. He tried to keep tabs on the Heroes in Silent Falls, but this guy was a stranger.
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Superhuman Points : 21

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Alliance: Defenders of the Earth
Superpower Slots: 10

https://superhumanrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Medical Bay Empty Re: Medical Bay

Post by Dynamo Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:54 pm

After a long night in the med bay, Dynamo came to. He had no clue where he was, and his vision was badly disoriented. Somehow he could move. He thought he saw another person in the room. He refocused his trinocular vision, and there he was: the hero he had tried to help. Dynamo ran a self-diagnostic/systems calibration program and slowly paced around the room, reorienting himself after the repairs.
Dynamo
Dynamo

Superhuman Points : 72

Character Profile
Alignment: Villain
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Akai peeked her head into the medical bay. She'd heard about the robbery and the fight that went on while she was away in New Carthage. Wouldn't be too cool to have Kyle die on her after she'd just barely met him. She wanted tell him how helpful he had been directing her to Digibyte.EXE.
She notices the stranger immediately though, pacing about the room. And though she assumes he was part of the fight, she can't hep but wonder what the stranger is doing here.
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Superhuman Points : 156

Character Profile
Superpower Slots: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 am

(OOC) Posting order: Me, Dynamo, Akai, anyone else who joins. Just in case of confusion.

(IC) The Ninja woke groggily as the door to the bay opened. At first he shook his head confusedly, but when his eyes adjusted he noticed the girl from the library standing in the door. "Oh, hey there! Come to pay me a visit?" he grinned. "Did you end up finding that girl?"

The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamo Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:29 am

"What are you two loafing around for?" Dynamo snapped angrily. "That wretch from the robbery--do you have any idea what she's planning?!"
Dynamo
Dynamo

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 am

"Yeah, I head about that," Akai crossed her arms, but turned to Kyle, partly ignoring Dynamo for the moment. The bank robber would be around, they didn't have to leap up and into action that very second.
"I found Digi, and she helped out a lot, thanks so much for directing me to her."
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 am

"No problem," Kyle replied. He winced at Dynamo's loud voice. "Hey, I just woke up. I had my face broken and you almost died, if I recall correctly." He pondered for a moment. "Well, I've never seen the robber before. So I have to say, I don't have any idea what she's planning. Why, do you know anything about her?" Kyle wondered if there might be a database record on her.
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamo Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Dynamo's voice lowered. "As a matter of fact, I do. Her name is Asch. Top notch assassin from Grimm City. Very feminine, very dangerous. Once an acquaintance of mine, now she's on her own, doing violence and causing insurrection." He turned around and paced the other way. "I also know something of her plans. It's been one day since the robbery, so tonight she wants to blow up the highest tower in your city that's not the HQ. The recent crime wave isn't an end in itself; Asch hopes to rally the forces in Grimm for a coordinated assault on your stronghold. This, she believes, would convince them that Silent Falls is vulnerable, that such an attack would work in the future."

"I'm not on your side, and believe me, I'd love to see your city drown in flames. But there's a reason I'm against her. She wronged me. It's not that I want you to win; I want her to lose." He sat back down on the patient bed he was sleeping on. "It will take several hours to recalibrate my systems. They won't be combat ready until tomorrow."

"And one more thing: where are we?"

Last edited by Dynamo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Refine dialog)
Dynamo
Dynamo

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:08 pm

"Is she insane? Blowing up a tower in the middle of Silent Falls seems a bit ambitious!" Akai tapped her lower lip thoughtfully for a moment, "Though her motivations makes sense, clever plan I must admit, for a villain."
Akai frowned, suddenly concerned, "Tonight eh? She wants to do this tonight? Short notice, but at least we know what she's up to."
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Kyle shook his head. "Well, didn't see that coming. At all. We're in the medical lab of the Defenders of the Earth, probably the single largest force devoted to stomping out criminal activity on the face of the planet. I doubt they would have let you in if they knew you were a criminal."

He pondered for a moment. "But whatever. We'll put our differences aside for the time being. We both want this girl put away. Possibly in a different fashion, but we'll worry about that later.

"You say you won't be combat ready by tonight? Akai and I might just have to try and stop her ourselves." He turned to the girl. "That is, if you feel like a bit of fun."

"But anyways," Kyle continued to Dynamo, "thanks for the info. In exchange you can rest here and then leave safely. I won't tell them you are a criminal. But if you continue on that path, one day we are going to meet again and I won't be so lenient. What do you say?"
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamo Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:52 pm

"Strange times lead to strange alliances--however temporary--but rest assured, when we meet again, I won't be so useless in battle." Dynamo reclined in the bed, ready to go back to sleep. "I'm no more comfortable being here than you are having me. I'll have you know I plan to leave as soon as I'm rested. Which way is out?"
Dynamo
Dynamo

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:11 am

"I'm in, though I wouldn't say it sounds 'fun'. Gotta stop her though, we can't let Asch succeed in her plans, much less hurt anybody." Akai frowned, making a small ball of flame in the palm of her hand, musing over it, "The doctors will show you the way out stranger, and as for now, Kyle, you and I have a villain to stop..." Akai clenched her fist, snuffing the fire out, "... at all costs be it necesary."
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 am

"Agreed," replied Kyle. "I'm going to go get something to eat and get in a little exercise. We'll roll in two hours."

And then, he left.
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamo Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Dynamo rested for two hours until he was sure they were gone. Then he left the med bay.

Even though he was the only cyborg walking though the HQ, no one questioned him. There were some stares, to be sure, but everyone thought he was cleared to be there--after all, no one gets inside the HQ without a good reason. Since most of the security was outside the building, he was basically free to go where he wanted. He did some reconnaisance in the hallways and observed some key locations in the HQ: the library, cantina and armory. In the unguarded armory, he found what he came for: the supply of Type Z energy cells, which he snuck out through the air vents. Sneaking past the exterior guards, mechs and spotlights while carrying hundreds of pounds of equipment on his back in a weakened state was troublesome, but he slipped out through the cover of night.

Like a ghost, Dynamo quietly disappeared from the base. In the end, he escaped with fifty-eight energy cells (which will take them hours to realize are gone) and a partial layout of the D.O.T.E. HQ, instantly accessible from his computer-like memory.
Dynamo
Dynamo

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:38 pm

When Akai arrived back at the medical bay with the girl, she noticed the stranger was missing first... and there was some fuss over missing energy cells of some sorts. But frankly Akai could care less at the moment.

The shrapnel removed from her wounds and bones mended, Akai took to just watching over the girl she'd brought here; cautious as to bringing another stranger here after the last one had taken off and apparently a liar.
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:27 am

Lady Noctia squinted her eyes open.
Hospital?
Where in the world was she...?

A girl sat next to her bed, watching her.
Lovely. One of those do-gooders. At least she doesn't feel like one of those big-shots...

Somewhat preoccupied with the earlier events of the day, Noctia groggily murmured, "where am I...?"

Powers Used:

Lady Noctia

Superhuman Points : 50

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 am

"DOTE headquarters... but don't worry, as soon as your ready I'm showing you right to the door. Can't have any more strangers wandering around stealing energy cells and making a fool out of these people." Akai sighed, "I'll be heading out anyways, I don't really belong here, or anywhere really."
She forced a smile, "Well enough about me, how are you feeling?"
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:54 pm

DOTE headquarters. Great. The very nest of do-goodness itself.

"Hmm. Well, I'd be more than ready to be shown to the door if I wasn't broken in half a dozen places or whatever. How badly am I hurt?" she grunted.

She really hoped that she wasn't seriously injured... she couldn't stand the idea of being stuck in this... perfectly clean and orderly space for long.

Lady Noctia couldn't help but take a bit of a liking to the girl. She wasn't the proud sort like most are.

"Where are you heading after this?"

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm

"You're not hurt too badly as far as I can tell, a few broken ribs and some bruises and that's all," Akai frowned, sinking back deeply into the small chair, "Where am I going after this? Anywhere but Grimm City and that's about it."
Akai shook her head, standing and walking towards a window, leaning on the sill and staring out over the city, "It all looks so busy and warm from here doesn't it? The city feels like a welcoming place... but deep down you know it could never be home, deep down, it's just another rut in the road. Where will the road take me? How deep is this rut? Will I ever move on?" Akai caught herself short, laughing slightly, "Sorry! Dear me, I started wandering didn't I?"
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:19 pm

"Heh, I don't mind, dear. I wander in my head all the time. I used to hop from city to city, like you, though a bit less purposefully. I've settled down with my own place now, thankfully."

Lady Noctia sat up gingerly and re-inspected her surroundings.

A piece of paper and a pen rested on a desk next to her bed. She tore off a piece and scribbled something down on it, then pressed the strip of paper into Akai's hands.

"If you get into a tight spot, let me know. This is one of my numbers, ask for Lady Noctia and they should put you through. I wish you well, dear."

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:08 pm

"Will do, Noctia, I'll remember you." Akai put the paper in her pocket, coming away from the window and returning to the chair, "You still look a bit stiff and sore, but if your ready to get outta here, I'll lead the way."
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:08 am

Noctia turned a bit, wincing. Her lower ribcage was wrapped tightly with some sort of fabric brace. Grunting, she attempted to stand on her own two feet, and face Akai.
One knee wobbled for a moment, but she did succeed.
Heh... Totally disoriented, no transportation and bruised and broken all over. This should prove interesting.
She checked her pockets, and she still had her bag and knife, thank goodness.

"Alright. Lead the way"
She took a small step forward, her knee again wobbling, and started walking after Akai. Growing stronger with each step, it felt like. The sooner she was out of here, the better.

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:45 am

"Haha! Resilient are we? Well if you think you can make it to the front door without toppling, then lets go!" Akai laughed, heading out the door of the medical bay.

ooc: then I suppose it ends here or goes onto the front door of the DOTE if you wanna keep going
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:30 am

ooc: Well, as she's planning on going straight to the front door anyway, I don't think there's really any need to keep going XD;
And as Noctia'll probably wanna keep a low profile since she's all broken and whatnot... she may not pop up around da town for a wee bit.

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peisinoe Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:54 am

I shield my eyes from the harsh artificial lights as we enter the medbay. Everything looks so foreign to me, so…. man-made. I pause before stepping over the threshold. The floor is cold on my bare feet. The woman leads me to a bed and helps me to lift myself onto it. In amazement, I press my hand into it, and wonder at how soft it is, “Oh..” I sigh as it brings back a memory
I am back in my room, two years ago. The floors of wood glow warmly with light and my big windows face the western sky and the ocean. A cool breeze floats in through the open window, playing with loose strands of my hair while the last crimson lights of sunset kiss my cheek. I sit cross-legged on my bed smiling as I listened to Daddy sing me a lullaby for the last time.
“Down in the valley the valley so low
Hang your head over, hear the wind blow
Hear the wind blow love, hear the wind blow
Hang your head over, hear the wind blow

Roses love sunshine, violets love dew
Angels in heaven, know I love you”
Every night he would sing that to me. My friends thought that it was weird that he still sang to me, sometimes even I thought that it was silly, but the day didn’t feel complete without it.
I come back to reality to find myself humming the tune and still staring at my hand pressed into the bed. “I’m sorry…” I look at the woman apologetically, “It’s just…” Finding I can’t finish the sentence, I just hang my head and pull at my torn peplos.
Peisinoe
Peisinoe

Superhuman Points : 90

Character Profile
Superpower Slots: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down