Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Reboot

2 posters

Go down

Forum Reboot Empty Forum Reboot

Post by The Ninja Fri May 24, 2013 1:11 am

Hello everyone! The Ninja (Cyber/Taylor in case you have forgotten) here.

It goes without saying I just rudely left without a word. I have done RP sites in the past, but they usually had pretty strict rules and were easy to manage. This forum, being freeform, wasn't so easy. My inbox is so full of people's questions and complaints about their characters being underpowered and someone else's being overpowered that old PMs have been automatically deleted to make way for the new ones. It's one thing to generally moderate and oversee new powers. The jungle that is my PM box is another.

So, Hawk (Lord Machina and Titan) has expressed interest in returning, and I would love to as well. This game has a ton of potential, but it needs stricter guidelines. Mostly regarding powers.

What we need is a way people can make their character as close to their concept as possible without needing GM approval each and every time a new power is conceived, but still allowing it to be fair for everyone. I want to keep the power slot concept. I had an idea for different power categories with an explanation of how they work and a kind of point buy system which you could use to customize powers (you could spend a bunch of points from one or two categories on a power and make it really awesome, or you could spend a few points and get a little assortment of powers) which would rely on power slots as a currency.

But, what do you think? I'd love to get this site up and running again, but you people need to work with me!
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Superhuman Points : 21

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Alliance: Defenders of the Earth
Superpower Slots: 10

https://superhumanrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Forum Reboot Empty Re: Forum Reboot

Post by Titan Mon May 25, 2015 1:21 am

Hawk here,

I am currently working on creating the new forum(WIP): http://superhumanrevival.forumotion.com/

I plan on changing a bunch of the mechanics to be (hopefully) simpler and more effective. Most notably, I will be changing out the way abilities are added and the amount of power a character can have.

If I can't get everything working as intended using only base forum features, I might write some custom scripts.

Something important to note, none of the lore is planned to carry over from this incarnation, just the concept. That being said, if you want to simply take your character concept from here and re-create it on the new site, I have no objection.

I am very open to suggestions and discussion on mechanics.

I hope to see you guys there.

Titan

Superhuman Points : 143

Character Profile
Alignment: Hero
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum